The month from Thanksgiving to Christmas is without a doubt my favorite time of year. Yesterday my whole family met at Mom's house to stuff ourselves silly. The food was fantastic and the company even better. I really have a lot to be thankful for, especially my family. It was wonderful to spend the whole day with the people I love most.
Then I woke up this morning and turned on the Christmas music. Woohoo! It'll be going nonstop from now until New Year's. I spent most of the day decorating—first my place and then my mom's. Mom has a perfect house for Christmas lights and boxes and boxes of decorations she's collected over more than 30 years, so it takes most of the day. And that doesn't even include the trees, since we're both traditionalists and have to have real trees. We'll get those this week and then have another whole day of decorating!
So here's to a magical Christmas season. Find some Christmas music, turn on some Christmas lights, make a cup of hot chocolate, and remember all the hope and joy that came into the world on that first Christmas night. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I know I will!
1 comment:
Yeah! it is the best time and I needed a kick in the seat. For some reason my heart just isn't getting into the Christmas spirit as it usually does and I can't figure it. I have had two full days to deck this house out and normally it would be. I have had a few distractions but thinking of you having such fun and reminding me of memories of being at your family home at Christmas time warmed my heart. :) Thanks
Post a Comment