Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A (Very Faint) Glimmer of Hope

This post is in response to my nephew's comment last week that I was never going to get married because I am now too old (this coming from Carter, who has always been the one who had faith that someday I'd find the right person). At the first U2 show in Dublin, there were some very nice Irish guys sitting in front of us. I chatted with two of them for a while before the show started. We got on well, argued a bit over which is the best U2 album ever, and exchanged silly "I can't believe this is so fantastic" grins throughout the show. The only problem was that one of them was very, very drunk. As my luck would have it, he's the one who asked me out for drinks after the show. If it had been his friend, who was cuter and sober, doing the asking, I might have said yes. But that's beside the point. The point is that there are still guys out there who ask girls out. I had forgotten what that was like and had half convinced myself that it only happened on TV and in the movies. Now I just have to find someone who doesn't need a few pints of Guinness in him before he asks. But it does mean there's still hope, right?

3 comments:

Mae said...

There's ALWAYS hope, Katrina. At least, that's what I keep telling myself. But if all else fails, you can join my Mormon Nun club.

Becky said...

How did I miss that? I believe I was there; must've been preoccupied . . .
See, I've officially given up all hope for myself (that's when things start happening, right? Right??) Oh, okay, I guess it's the Nun Club for me, too.

Katrina said...

It was right after the concert ended, when it was still very loud, which is probably why you missed it.
Hmm, well at least I'll have good company in the Nun Club. :)