I thought that was quite tricky—and quite helpful—of my brain, especially since it also conveniently remembered not to remind me to get more. Now if only I could convince my brain to convince itself that carrots are a better late-night snack than milkshakes or that getting up early is much more enjoyable than staying up late. But something tells me that's not going to work as well.
"Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud, at high volume." —Bono
Saturday, September 19, 2009
My Mind Has a Mind of Its Own
I should have cleaned my bathroom last Saturday, but I was absolutely positive that I had no toilet bowl cleaner in my house, so I didn't. After all, if you can't clean your toilet, what's the point of cleaning the rest of the room? Then I went shopping Monday night, and when I came home I had one of those "Dang it!" moments when I realize I've forgotten something I really should have remembered (which almost always happens when I get home from the store, by the way, and I even shop with a list). I had forgotten to buy toilet bowl cleaner. Imagine my surprise when I opened the cupboard to put something else away and there was a full bottle of the stuff sitting there looking at me. I guess I just wanted to avoid cleaning the bathroom so much that my brain convinced itself to forget my earlier trip to the store.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So did you give in and clean the bathroom?
Yes, I finally did clean the bathroom yesterday. It's nice to have a clean bathroom, just not so nice to be the one cleaning it.
I can ALWAYS convince my brain to not clean the bathroom even though it really needs it. It is just one place that I hate to clean. Living with 3 boys... OH yes, you likely know all about that. You had brothers!
Post a Comment