- On my way to work I made it over all four sets of train tracks before the lights started flashing.
- I had a Sesame Street band-aid to put on my finger after I got a paper cut.
- I finished a part of a project (hey, it's a big project).
- A funny e-mail from a friend came at just the right moment, when the day was starting to feel like it just might go on forever.
- The sun was shining as I drove out of the parking garage, so I put on my sunglasses, turned on "Beautiful Day," and pretended I was really making a break for it.
- I had strawberries with my dinner.
- My home teachers did not show up unannounced after I had changed into my pajamas, and as it's the last week of the month, there was a good possibility that could have happened.
See, even if it is the big things that make life spectacular, it's the little things that make it nice to be alive every day, even on days when you sound like a sick duck.
2 comments:
It is the little things, like heated blankets and a real toothbrush when you are in the hospital.
Maybe I need to get me some Sesame Street band-aids! Did they have Elmo on it?
Hooray for the little worthwhile things and here's to hoping for good little things today.
Post a Comment