"Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud, at high volume." —Bono
Sunday, June 24, 2012
If I Had a Million Dollars
I heard a news story this past week about a group of factory workers who won the lottery. What I found especially fascinating was that most of them were going to keep working in the factory. I guess you have to admire their work ethic, but I can honestly say that if I won the lottery, it wouldn't take me long to leave my job. Don't get me wrong; I work with good people, I'm very grateful that I have a job, and sometimes I even enjoy what I do. But if I didn't have to worry about paying bills, I would absolutely, positively not be there. I'd stay home and write. Or I'd travel and write. And I'd teach Zumba. So yes, I'd still work, because I don't think I could feel complete and fulfilled if I didn't, but I wouldn't have to worry about being on someone else's schedule. I'd work when I was awake and alert, not when other people expected me to be. I'd take long lunches with friends. I'd volunteer at my local elementary school. I'd go to my nephews' school plays. I'd learn Irish dancing and how to play the guitar. I wouldn't have to eat Kraft dinner (but I would eat Kraft dinner—and bonus points to any of you reading who get that reference). Yeah, life would be really good if I had a few million.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yes, you would eat Kraft dinner - you'd just eat more of it. And buy pre-wrapped sausages, or something like that.
Gotta love Barenaked Ladies! :) I love this! How fun would it be to travel and write?! But Garry and I argue all the time about winning the lottery...(with the whole tithing complication.)
ah to have a million dollars I wouldn't give up my job since I don't really have one but after taxes and tithing I would invest some, have a family missionary account, an family education account, and help my family all I could and others that needed it. But Heavenly Father has seen fit not to let me have that much money so I'm sorry we will still have to work hard for what we do. :) :)
Bonus points for Becky and Mindy! I'm sticking an imaginary gold star to both of your foreheads. :)
Post a Comment