Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

I got sung to quite a lot during my birthday weekend. The first time was at work (sorry, no picture—it would have been a very boring picture anyway). Then it was inside a cave (more on the spelunking adventure in a future post).
Then at Rodizio Grill (in Portuguese, of course; that's me doing the samba in my chair).
And then at my mom's house, with my two youngest nephews there to help me blow out the candles.
Yep, it was a pretty great weekend, and I kept myself busy enough that I went into "holy crap, I'm old" panic mode only once—and that lasted only a few minutes. I really do have a great life, and I hope the next 35 years are as full of fabulous memories as the first 35 have been.

1 comment:

Polly by Golly said...

glad you are in our family I said it before but I will say it again Thank you for making me a grandma. Have to smile There is a picture somewhere of you not quite 2 in our back yard and you were holding the skirt of your dress like a little princess you loved dresses then I guess you change when you get older :) Love you