Meet my sweet new ride:
I've wanted one of these for a while—a long while, really. It's a RAV4. It's cute. It's red (yes, I know you can tell that by the picture, but I thought I'd point it out anyway). It has four-wheel drive. It has heated leather seats and a sunroof. It has a V6 engine. It has a lot of storage space. Basically, it has everything a girl could ever ask for in a vehicle—and I do mean everything. And it's mine! Call it part of this pre-midlife crisis I'm going through if you want, but getting this on Thursday made me quite a bit giddy. I've driven in the snow, and it handles wonderfully. Hooray for future ski days! I christened it with a Slurpee run after Zumba on Thursday, I've put groceries in the back, and I've blasted my music while driving all over town. Yes, I know material things shouldn't be my source of happiness, but you know what? Screw that idea. This is the first time I've bought a car that had everything I wanted (and more), and finding it and then buying it and then driving it has made me very, very happy. So I'm changing that little idea to material things shouldn't be my only source of happiness. And look at it this way—I could have gone for a red convertible, but that would have been completely impractical. I haven't lost my mind completely.
3 comments:
That's gorgeous! Glad you're loving it. Enjoy that new car smell. (And surely you weren't drinking that Slurpee INSIDE the new car!)
You deserve this kind of Materialistic thinking once in your lifetime but then it could continue on in other dreams so carry on and enjoy the car and maybe you can have more than once in your lifetime :) :)
Perfect! Its good to do things that really make you happy. I see nothing wrong with that. Enjoy!
Post a Comment