Thursday, April 11, 2013

Some Hair of a Different Color

When I went to get my hair done last Saturday, I knew I wanted to do something a bit different, but I was just planning on going a little darker with my color than I did last time. Then I got talking to my hairdresser about how I had always wanted purple hair and how maybe I just wanted a few purple streaks. She wisely pointed out that that probably wouldn't go over very well at work. Dang it. But then she suggested that we add some dark red to my color. It's not purple, but it's kind of the same idea. I was feeling adventurous, so we went for it.
I'm pretty much loving it. And who knows? Maybe one stray purple streak will find its way in there next time.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I quite like the new color, and I definitely think you should find a way to get some purple in there - then it'll be extra-meaningful when you take your picture in your office!

Nicole said...

Love it! This suits you! You know you could put the purple streak in the underneath parts of your hair so it would only show when you wear a ponytail...like to Zumba or something...

Seriously--you look gorgeous!

Polly by Golly said...

I love the color it really suites you

Jenny said...

Looks great! I agree with Nicole: purple underneath.