Monday, May 27, 2013

How I Spent My Long Weekend

So you all know I had a little trouble with voles last year. Well, after they destroyed most of my yard, I decided to just let them have it. I didn't even try to protect the grass or the flowers or anything else. Well, that may have been OK last year, but look what this spring brought:
Yeah, the weeds took over. Bleh. So on Friday I spent two hours and on Saturday I spent five hours trying to take back control. And here we have the results:
Ta-da! I can get my garbage can through the gate! Too bad my garbage can isn't big enough to hold all the weeds. And too bad I've still got the back third of my yard left to do. And then I get to plant grass again. Yay, me. I should be out there right now, getting some more done, but I'm not. If I got it all done today, whatever would I do next Saturday? Stupid voles. And by the way, this sentiment printed on my gardening gloves?
Total BS. Just sayin'.

1 comment:

Cassavaugh Family said...

OH MYYY! :) That is a lot of weeds and it doesn't take long. I'd agree...stupid moles and the BS part! :) I started plants from seed, tomatoes and some herbs. Well, we have a problem every time we do this in getting them outside before they die. Not this year...well I thought. I asked for pots/planters for the front porch. Well, we had frost advisories up until yesterday morning. I think my seedlings are dead. :( No joy. I will start fresh with plants that are further along!