Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sigh

Do you want to know a talent I really wish I had? OK, there are a lot, but right now I really wish I was creative—the kind of creative that can look at a bunch of random stuff and make something quirky and fabulous out of it. I spent some time today trying to come up with a Halloween costume. I knew I wouldn't be able to come up with anything from my house (that's way beyond me), so I went to the Halloween store and looked around at all the costume stuff for a while, but I got so overwhelmed and frustrated I just gave up. Some people can take a sheet and some glitter and make the most wonderful fairy costume ever. They're the same kind of people who have houses with beautiful themed decorations and pops of color in all the right places. They're the ones who always wear outfits that look like they just came out of a magazine, complete with fun accessories and makeup that accentuates it all. I stick with simple not because I like simple but because that's all I can do. It's very boring. I don't like to think that I'm boring, but let's face it: I'm lucky if my shoes don't clash with my jeans.

2 comments:

Polly by Golly said...

Katrina, You cut yourself short. You have a lot of creative talent you just don't have the confidence to use it. Give you a piece of paper and a pencil and you can write a wonderful story. I guess these days it would be the computer. Just keep the talents you have and you are doing great. Love you lots.

Jenny said...

Simple doesn't always equal boring. If I attempted to make a Halloween costume, it would turn out like Charlie Brown's ghost sheet--full of holes. Not boring, but individualistic. :)