OK, so this picture was taken in Hawaii, not California, but I'm not picky; almost any beach with sand and an ocean is heaven for me. Now if only heaven wasn't quite so far away.
"Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud, at high volume." —Bono
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Paradise Found
My brother's family recently got back from spending a week at my sister-in-law's parents' beach house in California. Today Ethan (who's 4) and I were having a conversation about my parents. We've had variations of this conversation before, but this time Ethan came up with a very insightful conclusion. He quickly figured out the concept that my mom is his grandma. But then he wondered why I didn't have a dad. I explained that he was dead, so Ethan asked where he was. "In heaven," I said. "Oh," he replied, and then after a bit of thought he asked, "Is heaven at the beach house?" Ah, a boy after my own heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH I like this. I also admit that this picture is a very good looking paradise picture! For a minute I thought your post might be about the flip side of the "classic" paradise lost. It has been on my mind and paint on my fingers...
ahh if heaven could only be closer and yes the beach could be close to heaven Ethan has a good perspective of it all. :)
Post a Comment