According to some people, Labor Day is the official end of summer. I was bemoaning this idea last week, since I love summer and fall is my least favorite season of the year. To keep myself from succumbing to depression, I tried listing the good things about fall: I get to wear my hoodies; I love fall hiking; and winter, with Christmas and skiing and snow, is right around the corner. That's all I came up with. Then I looked outside and saw this:
The one and only sunflower that came up after I planted about a dozen had finally bloomed. Yay, summer's still here!

3 comments:
I'm all for clinging to summer as long as possible.
I love reading your blog--I wish I had known about it while we were working together. I'm learning all sorts of fun things about you. I have to be honest--I hate summer. I melt in any temperature above 75. I'm never sorry to see it go. Weird, I know. Fall, on the other hand, always feels so refreshing--like a new start (years of school brainwashing, eh?). I feel almost as energized as I do in the spring. Ah, well, it takes all kinds!
I thought all my family loved Fall like I do. By the way Sunflowers are a fall flower sorry about the summer gone but think of all the fall colors and flowers that come in the fall yup there are still flowers and the weather is so much nicer. I love you even if Fall isn't your favorite time of year like mine :) :) oh the sunflower is very pretty I bet the birds got the other seeds :(
Post a Comment