First off, let me apologize for my lack of posts in the last few weeks. My Internet connection at home has been sketchy at best, and although I can do a lot of things on my snazzy new phone, blogging isn't one of them. It's kind of been driving me crazy. Anyway, here we go. A few weeks ago, my mom and I decided to spend a Saturday at Yellowstone. It turned out to be a drizzly day, but luckily the geysers don't stop working when it's raining. In fact, the rain only adds to the surrealness of the place.
And you can take silly pictures with Old Faithful and make it look like you're the only people there. Of course, that's because you are the only people there. Too bad for the rest of you.
Then you can take a look at the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone (again, all by yourself).
It's lovely and all, but it doesn't seem quite as grand if you visited the real thing three months ago. In fact, it's kind of tiny. That's OK, though, because there are things in Yellowstone that don't exist anywhere else in the world—weird things like signs telling you to stay away from the elk.
Apparently the bison and the bears are OK, because there weren't any signs warning us about them. Well, then, I guess I can get a close-up shot of this guy.
Then there's the really cool stuff—the landscapes that look like something from another planet, or at least from a spooky movie set.
Ah, another great road trip. Happy Halloween, everyone.
3 comments:
Yea for Yellowstone! Glad you had a good time and could enjoy it without the crowds.
Thanks for reminding me that off-season is a FABULOUS time to visit Yellowstone. Awesome pictures.
Yeah, I totally don't get that. They warn you about elk, but not about bison, bears, cougars, rabid squirrels, large birds of prey...
Post a Comment