For some unknown reason I own a Valentine's Day candy dish, which I feel the need to fill every year. I guess it's just a good reason to have chocolate sitting on my counter (not that I need a reason). Anyway, this year I bought some Dove dark chocolate hearts. I had temporarily forgotten that the wrappers have sappy little sayings on them. They're even worse than the cough drops. You're just sitting there, enjoying a little chocolate bliss, when suddenly you're accosted by some inane, lovey-dovey crap. It almost ruins the chocolate. Then I opened this one: First it made me laugh. Then it made me depressed. It's just too true; I'm the only Valentine I've got. Stupid Valentine's Day, I fart in your general direction.
That said, I do enjoy the treats I've received from friends and family. And somebody left flowers on my doorstep last night. I have no idea who they came from, but even though I don't have a vase to put them in, they totally made my day. So yeah, I guess it's not all bad, but I'll still be wearing black tomorrow.

4 comments:
Thanks for making me laugh out loud. I, too, believe Cupid's mother was a hamster and his father smelt of elderberries.
Aw, but that's very nice you got flowers. See? You don't have to be your own Valentine after all.
I think the Valentine candy is the best thing about Valentine's. If it makes you feel any better my husband has been out of town every Valentine's Day for 3 years in a row now. And I hate February. It has to be the worse month of the year! :) Happy Valentine's Day!
I'm wearing black today. I thought it was odd for a minute and I spruced it up with a purple scarf. But honestly I can take or leave V-day. If you see my blog post, just posted you will get my feeling on the matter.
You did make me laugh out loud with the I fart in your general direction. That is a famous line in our home and living with 3 boys...it can happen with more than words.
OK Valentines Day I think is for kids. Also for young loves cause they think that's for them. oh well it's just another day for the retailers to get some extra sales :)
Post a Comment