Way, way back in another lifetime, I worked at an elementary school. The best school day of the year was March 2. Why? Because it's Read Across America Day (also known as Dr. Seuss's birthday), of course, and we got to put on Cat in the Hat hats and read Dr. Seuss books and do fun activities all day. And any day that celebrates reading is a day for me. Unfortunately, I did not get to read anything Dr. Seussian at work today, so I came home and went through my collection—and then added to my collection, since I decided it was high time I owned Green Eggs and Ham. Now I'm going to snuggle in my covers and read all four stories in The Sneetches, which is still my favorite Seuss book. You just can't fail with "The Sneetches," "The Zax," "Too Many Daves," and "What Was I Scared Of?" all in the same book. Then I'm going to be thankful that I was born to parents who read to me and who helped me discover the joy of good books. And then I'll go to sleep.
P.S. Yes, I know it's time for a monthly book review, but I've decided to join Goodreads and just let those who want to read my reviews read them there. Look for a widget in the next few days (once I've added enough books to my "read" list).
1 comment:
You've inspired me - I'm going to have to check out some Suess books since the only one of those you listed I'm familiar with is Green Eggs and Ham.
Post a Comment