Friday, October 19, 2012

My Blog Got an Award!

Yes, you read that right; my blog got an award—from one of my five loyal readers. Thanks, Nicole! She said I would laugh when I read that she gave it to me, and I did, but I'm still going to play along, kind of. So here are the rules for the award:

  • Include the blog award logo in your post.
  • Thank the person who nominated you.
  • Nominate three other people and let them know you have done so.
  • Give seven random things about yourself.
I'm supposed to nominate three other people, but I'm going to cheat a bit here. Anyone who has their blog listed on the left column of my blog, who is reading this, and who has updated their blog in the last month—congratulations! You just won an award! Seriously, I love reading your stuff even if I don't comment much. It's one way I can stay connected even if I don't see some of you nearly enough, and it's also fun to live vicariously through some of your adventures.

Now on to seven random things about me:
  • When I was about three I was running down the sidewalk, tripped and fell, and bit completely through the skin below my lower lip. You can still see the scar.
  • I was the queen of kissing tag in the second grade.
  • I don't cook much, but I wish I did. I do make awesome lasagna though. And awesome carrot cake for my mom's birthday every year.
  • My new guilty pleasure is The Vampire Diaries. Don't judge; those vampires are hot—and they don't sparkle.
  • I've kissed the Blarney Stone, but so far I haven't received the gift of gab, unless you catch me after about 11:30 at night. Then I can talk for hours.
  • My favorite Harry Potter book is the seventh one. I may be a bit biased though, since it came out on my 30th birthday and saved me from spending the day wallowing in my misery.
  • For many years after I started working for the Church, it bothered me a lot that I owned more skirts than pants. But now I have more Zumba pants than skirts. Bwahaha! Take that, stupid skirts!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Woo hoo, I'm a winner!
Vampire Diaries? I guess I'll hold back my judgement. The one episode I saw didn't have the audio and video in synch, so the whole show was just absurd.

Polly by Golly said...

Oh Katrina you are so much fun love your 7 items about you you are my very favorite oldest grandchild yup I have lots of favorites I count them by Numbers :)