Saturday, September 6, 2014

Outdoor Time

I haven't had much time lately to enjoy being outdoors just for the sake of being outdoors. Thankfully, I was able to remedy that on Labor Day. Becky and I went for a lovely morning hike.
 
 
 
It was really nice to just relax and take in the beauty for a few hours. Of course, then I had to go home and work in my yard, which is NOT my favorite way to spend my outdoor time. Seriously, I will never understand people who list gardening as a hobby. Anyway, while I was wrestling with some weeds, I saw a praying mantis making its way over to another praying mantis. Aw, I thought, they're going to be friends. Nope.

There it was, proof that the praying mantis as cannibal thing wasn't a myth. I was rather disgusted but also kind of fascinated, and I watched the whole thing. And then I didn't eat lunch.

Then there was one more bit of outdoor time, although this was a few days later.
Yep, that's outdoor Zumba in the park, which is what you do when the rec center is closed for maintenance. And since I'm now officially on the sub list for Aqua Zumba (woot woot!), I even got to join these awesome ladies to teach a few songs. Loved it!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I think more of life should be lived outdoors . . .