While I was shopping a few months ago, I found this pillow and fell in love with it:
So I bought it—and decided that I needed to redo my bedroom so I could put my cute new pillow in it. Since I have zero talent when it comes to decorating, I bribed my friend Leslie with free Slurpees, and she helped me figure things out. We found a fabulous paint color (called ocean cruise—see, fabulous), decided which walls to paint, and started looking for accessories. I still haven't found a few things, like wall decorations and curtains and baskets for my Zumba wear, but I got more pillows and new bed stuff, which was definitely enough to get painting. Leslie and I played hooky from church one Sunday and painted the walls. And look!
I'm kind of in love with it. There are so many things I want to change about my life right now, but I can't figure out how, so this small change was rather cathartic. It makes me calm and happy every time I walk into it, and I need all the serenity I can get right now.
3 comments:
It's a happy room! I'm all for colored walls and if it's called Ocean Cruise, all the better.
I LOVE IT!!
Lovely! You should get a crystal chandelier too.
Post a Comment