It's that time of year again when everyone from casual acquaintances to perfect strangers come up to me and ask the same question: "Aren't your feet cold?" Well, actually, no they're not, thank you very much. It's the strangers asking me this question who completely puzzle me. I'm not sure if they're concerned about my feet or about my sanity, but I don't know why anyone would approach someone they don't know and ask about the comfort level of her feet. I realize that most people think it's strange to wear sandals year-round, especially in 8 inches of snow like we got today, but I'm not sure why they need to ask me about it. It's not like I don't know it's snowing and it's 16 degrees outside. I have been blessed with a brain, believe it or not. It's not my fault my feet have built-in heaters that keep them nice and sweltering even in frigid conditions. Maybe next summer I'll go around asking random strangers who are wearing socks and shoes if their feet are hot.
"Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud, at high volume." —Bono
Friday, December 19, 2008
Happy Feet
It's that time of year again when everyone from casual acquaintances to perfect strangers come up to me and ask the same question: "Aren't your feet cold?" Well, actually, no they're not, thank you very much. It's the strangers asking me this question who completely puzzle me. I'm not sure if they're concerned about my feet or about my sanity, but I don't know why anyone would approach someone they don't know and ask about the comfort level of her feet. I realize that most people think it's strange to wear sandals year-round, especially in 8 inches of snow like we got today, but I'm not sure why they need to ask me about it. It's not like I don't know it's snowing and it's 16 degrees outside. I have been blessed with a brain, believe it or not. It's not my fault my feet have built-in heaters that keep them nice and sweltering even in frigid conditions. Maybe next summer I'll go around asking random strangers who are wearing socks and shoes if their feet are hot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Nick could do the same! I didn't know you were blessed with this ability. I might have likely been the "yikes, aren't your toes cold?" person. It is because mine are in fact usually cold. :) Well its late and so I have to go heat two corn bags (my nightly routine) and place them over my feet so I can go to sleep.
If I have never asked you if your feet were cold I have at least thought it. I dont know if I should be jealous of your warm feet or not. I found the greatest soft fluffy socks this year and I wear them every minute that Im in my house. I also wear my slippers with them. I would be fine without the slippers if I could walk without some kind of padding on my "bad foot".
nice...I love it! You & your feet are amazing.
I envy your superior foot circulation. My feet are generally cold from October to June. That, and I'm not sure I have the balance to walk through ice and snow in sandals.
That's awesome that you can do that. It's like random strangers seeing me in a store with three kids and saying, "wow, you sure have your hands full." And I sarcastically think, "really? I haven't noticed...ha ha." But I just smile and walk away.
Post a Comment