Last Saturday my mom, Carter, and I all went skiing at the Canyons. Thanks go to Richard for getting Mom and I free passes. It was a gorgeous day, at least up until the wind started blowing around 3:00, and we had a wonderful time. This is one of the reasons why winter in Utah is so fantastic. Slick roads, freezing temperatures, and never seeing the sun on days when I go to and from work in the dark all seem to be worth it after a day on the slopes with my family.Carter is a darn good little skier, and I think his goal on every run was to beat me down the mountain. Sometimes I let him win, just because I'm that cool of an aunt. We also had fun singing "Grandma (or Trina or Carter) Got Run Over by a Reindeer" on the lifts. I know Carter's seven and I'm not, but I'm not that old, and I was amazed at all the energy he has. Even when we stopped to have lunch with Richard, he was the first one done eating and ready to get back on the slopes. Between all the skiing, my worry about Carter not crashing (not that I really needed to worry, but I didn't want to be responsible if he ran into a tree), and my pulling Carter on the flat spots (since he doesn't use poles yet), I was rather exhausted by the end of the day. But it was that exhilarated kind of exhaustion that leaves you wanting to go out and do it all again the next day. Bring on the snow!
4 comments:
He had such a great day with you guys. Thanks for taking him along!
I sometimes miss the days when I could be the cool aunt. :) Sounds like great fun!
How fun! I'll go skiing again someday, even though it's been 10 years! :) Oh, and for Sarah, you're still the cool aunt!
Yep, Sarah's still the cool aunt. Where do you think I learned how to be a cool aunt? :)
Post a Comment