Friday, April 17, 2009

Virtual Reality

So I finally joined Facebook last week. There was just too much pressure, and I really wanted to see everybody's pictures. Now I feel like I'm living two similar lives in parallel universes. It's very strange. It's nice to know that people I've known for years are now my friends and that if I get the right application, I can even be related to my relatives. It was also nice to announce to everyone that I am now single, as if I wasn't two weeks ago. Yes, it's a strange world indeed, and I'm quite addicted. I find it more fascinating than I should that my hippie name is Jasmine Rain, I'm most like Pam from The Office (although I could have told you that before Facebook), my aunt and I are the same breakfast cereal, and, according to a quiz, my cousin has a "testimony" of Rush Limbaugh. I have to admit that it's much more fun than I was expecting it to be, and it's great to be more connected to friends and family. Just as long as my virtual life doesn't take over my real one, right?

2 comments:

Mindy and Garry said...

Amen! There have been a couple times where I've had to turn off the computer for a couple of days just to stay away! It's fun to see you there!

Rodgers clan said...

ha ha ha, I'm glad you are liking it. It is WAY TOO addicting though :)