Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Egg Extravaganza

Yesterday Megan brought her boys to Mom's house for our annual egg-decorating day. I don't remember ever having as much fun coloring eggs as the boys did. For example, I don't think I ever dyed my fingers blue like Max. And I know I never dyed my lips purple by licking the egg dunker, but Ethan seemed to enjoy it. I wouldn't even try dipping my eggs in two colors to make a new color like Carter did. I was always the meticulous one—I had to have one egg of each color, and any designs had to be simple and very neat. Man, I was boring. I eventually started doing two- and then three-colored eggs, but that was and still is the extent of my creativity. I taught Max how to make multicolored eggs yesterday, but he even did that with greater abandon than I ever imagined was possible. I know I was spontaneous and adventurous in other things when I was a kid, but Easter eggs seemed to bring out my most uptight self. There's got to be a psychological experiment in there somewhere. Anyway, now I'm just glad I get to live vicariously through my nephews. They definitely bring a lot of joy to holiday traditions.

And for something slightly unrelated, my friend Jenny introduced me to Cake Wrecks, quite possibly the most hilarious blog I've ever seen. I have to read this one in the privacy of my own home because I laugh (and occasionally snort) out loud.

1 comment:

Cassavaugh Family said...

The second you said you had to have one of every color and Carter was adventurous in dipping into two colors, Ethan was good with purple lips and Max dyed his fingers blue, I thought of the assignment I have been working on for a class. It is all about your learning style. So these examples are not really valid for use in determining ones learning style but in my mind I immediately connected all three boys to the Active Experimentation style. For you it seemed more like Concrete Experience style. Like this means much but I couldn't help but think of it. I am just doing my homework. :) Sounds like you had a fun time!