"Just somebody nice," I said.
Then Max jumped in: "Somebody like me! But I'm not old enough, and I'll never catch up to you." Well, there's that, plus the fact that we're related. Darn.
Both Carter and Max were a bit disturbed that there was no such thing as Aunt's Day, since there's a Mother's Day and a Father's Day, so Max told me that every day was "Happy Trina Day" because, as he said, "I love you every day." Awww. Then last night I took Carter to his baseball game, and at the end of the game he got two treat tickets instead of the usual one—and he gave me the extra. Seriously, what 7-year-old does that? And then there's Ethan, who always makes me laugh, and Sean, who just likes to cuddle. Can we roll all four of them up into one 30-year-old who's not related to me? No? OK, then, I'll just have to love being their aunt. That's not a bad gig at all.
4 comments:
Nope, not a bad gig at all. One of my nephews once told me he likes to hold my hand. I too am searching for his unrelated and 25-year-older counterpart.
I love the idea! Somewhere out there I'm sure this bundle package exists, but where?
What cute boys! They will all be quite the catch someday! ;)
You're the best! They are so lucky to have you as an aunt (and I am so lucky to have you as a sister in law!
Don't you worry, we'll find him... he's out there somewhere. However, you may have to deal with him unrolling all of the toilet paper, coloring on the walls and tables, throwing balls in the house, not understanding the concept of whispering or sleeping in and occasionally throwing up on you. You see I'm afraid that might be part of the package, too! :)
Post a Comment