I've decided I can now say that it's officially spring, which means it will probably snow this weekend. I've been spending my lunches feeding the birds crumbs from my sandwiches and meandering around the Temple Square gardens in the sunshine. When I get home, I can take a book outside and let my bare feet enjoy the grass while I enjoy the book. And there have been some wonderful rain showers, including one last night that came complete with thunder.Spring is so much more exciting when one has a yard with grass that needs to be cut, a tree and a bush that sprout leaves, and flowers that are trying very hard to grow. You probably can't see it in the picture, but my tiny little apple tree even has a few very happy-looking blossoms on it. So even though it means I have to pull weeds and I really need to go buy a weed-eater to take care of the fringe that's growing around the edges of my yard, I'm feeling that the world is coming back to life and I'm waking up from a bit of a winter slumber. How can you not love this time of year?
1 comment:
Outside each window there seems to be a tree in a prominent location. I don't have a magazine rack in the bathroom and so I enjoy staring out the window. There is a tree that I just love to notice all of its changes throughout the year. It has been rather boring for awhile, needed color! I got tired of the b/w look. It is sprouting new little brownish leaves that I know turn green eventually. It is very fun to watch it wake up! I agree!
Post a Comment