Let's face it: Tuesdays are not very exciting. In fact, they usually battle Mondays as my most dreaded day of the week. Yesterday was already going to be a much better Tuesday than most, since I'm taking the whole week off and could therefore wake up when my body decided it wasn't tired anymore and I could eat my cereal with milk from a bowl while wearing my pjs instead of from a plastic sandwich bag at my desk at work while wearing a skirt and yucky shoes. But then my brother invited me to let me use one of his free ski passes and go skiing with his family. Suddenly Tuesday was looking like one of the best days of this already marvelous week. It was Ethan's first time on skis, and he loved it. Max got up the courage to go on the lift again, and he loved it. And Carter and I took off in the afternoon for a few runs by ourselves, and we loved it. This is what Tuesday should look like every week. "Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud, at high volume." —Bono
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
How to Fix Tuesdays
Let's face it: Tuesdays are not very exciting. In fact, they usually battle Mondays as my most dreaded day of the week. Yesterday was already going to be a much better Tuesday than most, since I'm taking the whole week off and could therefore wake up when my body decided it wasn't tired anymore and I could eat my cereal with milk from a bowl while wearing my pjs instead of from a plastic sandwich bag at my desk at work while wearing a skirt and yucky shoes. But then my brother invited me to let me use one of his free ski passes and go skiing with his family. Suddenly Tuesday was looking like one of the best days of this already marvelous week. It was Ethan's first time on skis, and he loved it. Max got up the courage to go on the lift again, and he loved it. And Carter and I took off in the afternoon for a few runs by ourselves, and we loved it. This is what Tuesday should look like every week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Looks like fun. Wonderful way to spend a Tues. Or any day. Of course you need to like to ski and the snow.:) :) Thanks for sharing Love you
how fun!!! I haven't been skiing in so many years! I can't believe Ethan is already on skis! They start 'em young!
I'm glad there are people who can enjoy going really fast on two slippery things down steep hills! I'm also glad that this kind of activity can change a mundane Tue into a really great one! Glad you had so much fun! It would not have made for a good Tue for me. ;)
Post a Comment