Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend

Last weekend was a rather fabulous one, and not just because I got to spend two whole days in jeans. It was Easter, conference, and my mom's birthday party—a full weekend, yes, but full of stuff that makes weekends wonderful.
Coloring eggs is much more fun with little boys around. See how exciting the third green egg in a row can be if you're three?

My mom brought me an Easter basket Sunday morning, and then we hid each other's eggs. This was the best "hiding" place ever, even if it was in plain sight. Very nice, Mom. :)

I'm still a kid. I have to have my conference games and coloring pages to keep myself awake during those afternoon sessions. Of course, having all that sugar to eat also helped. Bingo!

Max is an expert tree climber (maybe a bit too reckless for his own good, but still, you've got to admire his total lack of fear).

Homemade carrot cake is very tasty . . .

. . . even after three boys helped Grandma blow out her candles. Can you say saliva frosting? Yeah, still tasty.

1 comment:

Mindy and Garry said...

Sounds like a fun Easter! I about wet my pants looking at that picture of Carter at the top of that tree! I will let my kids do some pretty crazy stuff, but that picture freaked me out! Your family is so fun! And I'll never forget the Twinkie Festival of Trees tree. It was awesome!