Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad

Thirty-two years ago today, my mom and dad started a great adventure together. There's no way they could have known what was in store for them, but they took the leap of faith anyway. It's a good thing my dad had enough courage to ask my mom to marry him after she had told him no once, and it's an even better thing that she finally said yes. I couldn't have asked to come to a better family, and I find I'm learning more now from the way my dad lived and the way my mom lives every day than I ever did when I was younger. They've given me a lot of what makes life worth living—family vacations, road trips, music, love, joy, faith, a capacity to endure, and a knowledge that families can be forever. And for that little touch of rebelliousness that makes it all much more fun, thanks Dad.

1 comment:

Cassavaugh Family said...

Ahh, I love this post. Sept 9th cannot pass without me thinking of how grateful I am that your mom married my brother. Its so easy to remember that day because its 20 days before my birthday. I didn't want her to take away my brother 32 years ago but it didn't take me long to realize that this was a good deal! Isn't it funny how we learn more about our parents as we get older?