Well, technically I've had a yard since I moved in almost a year ago, but now I have a yard I can actually enjoy. Thanks to tons of help from Richard, Mom, Joseph, and Carter, I now have lovely dirt covered with even lovelier grass, an apple tree, a place to plant tomatoes next year, and a shrubbery! And come spring, I'll have flowers too. You never know how much you miss grass until you don't have it for a while, especially if you love being outdoors as much as I do. I would drive to a park just so I could sit on the grass to read a book. It will be so nice to be able to simply step out my back door and walk in the grass with my bare feet. Thanks again to everyone who helped (and for being willing to work all day for no pay other than pizza). There's no way I could have done it by myself."Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud, at high volume." —Bono
Saturday, September 20, 2008
I Have a Yard!
Well, technically I've had a yard since I moved in almost a year ago, but now I have a yard I can actually enjoy. Thanks to tons of help from Richard, Mom, Joseph, and Carter, I now have lovely dirt covered with even lovelier grass, an apple tree, a place to plant tomatoes next year, and a shrubbery! And come spring, I'll have flowers too. You never know how much you miss grass until you don't have it for a while, especially if you love being outdoors as much as I do. I would drive to a park just so I could sit on the grass to read a book. It will be so nice to be able to simply step out my back door and walk in the grass with my bare feet. Thanks again to everyone who helped (and for being willing to work all day for no pay other than pizza). There's no way I could have done it by myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations! It looks just lovely. Now, would that be a single shrubbery you've got or multiple shrubbery? I shall have to see your yard.
Grass looks great, tree is cool and a SHRUBBERY! I love it!
ARTHUR: O Knights of Ni, you are just and fair, and we will return with a shrubbery.
HEAD KNIGHT: One that looks nice.
ARTHUR: Of course.
HEAD KNIGHT: And not too expensive.
ARTHUR: Yes.
Your shrubbery looks nice - of course and hopefully it was not too expensive. ;) Can you tell I'm tired? OH and when you said you missed grass I kept picturing you with no socks and no shoes digging your toes into the grass. So when you said bare feet toward the end I said to self - yup, that is what I pictured. :)
Of course Katrina would be walking across her grass in her barefeet. I can picture you enjoying it. I have to admit that as much as I like my big yard I am a bit jealous of the price you would pay for fertilizer and the time it would take to mow!!!!!!
Hooray! Can't wait to see it with my own eyes. I wish I had been able to help out, too! I swear I was there in spirit!! Glad you were able to get it all done!!
Post a Comment