But I think He also knew that not everybody would be able to visit these magnificent places, and even if we could, maybe sometimes we'd need a little reminder of His love even when we can't get out of our own backyard. That's why all you have to do is look up. It doesn't matter what time of day or night it is or what the weather is like. If I can see the sky, I find it impossible to doubt.
"Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud, at high volume." —Bono
Monday, April 26, 2010
Just Look Up
I now share with you a little bit of the gospel according to Katrina. I think that when God was creating the world, He added some places that were amazing, beautiful, and just plain cool because He knew life wouldn't be easy and sometimes we'd need a break. We would need to get away from what we pretend is the real world—the world filled with worries and stress and self-doubt—and lose ourselves in the majesty of the world that He created. When I visit places like Arches, the Giant's Causeway, or almost anywhere on Kauai, I can't help but remember that He's there and He loves us. That's what's real.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Very nice. (P.S. Make sure you read the June "Matt and Mandy.")
I couldn't agree more, even though the sky is a flat dusty tan right now and it's as windy as can be.
beautiful thought. I expect a book with that title, sometime written by Katrina Cannon. You can do it what a talent you have to see things as they really are. Love you
Gorgeous picture. I totally agree. I haven't been to many "great spots" just local ones, but the best views are sometimes right out my back door! Wait, the Oregon coast has amazing sites!
Love it!
Post a Comment