Monday, November 8, 2010

For the Love of Burgers

I've written before of my love for In-N-Out burgers. The double-double is quite simply the best hamburger on the planet, and just the thought of eating one makes me salivate with joy. Well, there's now an In-N-Out 10 minutes away from my house. It's been open for about a month. Have I been there yet? No, I have not. Here's the thing: having a double-double and a chocolate shake means I'm on vacation, and not just any vacation—I'm on vacation in a warm, sunny place where palm trees grow. I can't bring myself to stop by on a random Tuesday. Some things should just be special, right? Or am I being completely loony?

6 comments:

Becky said...

No, it's understandable. Besides, if you eat one here (unless you're in desperate circumstances) it just might ruin the magic of the double-double.
That's why I don't buy churros unless I'm in Disneyland. There may good churros nearby (I'm told Costco has churros) but they taste best when I'm on vacation.

Jenny said...

No, you're not loony. But it's going to get hard to resist after a while. :) I'm avoiding it because of the crowds. After all the ones that have already been opened in Utah before now, the first time I went to one was last month.

Nicole said...

Don't do it--save it for California trips (otherwise you might find out that In-N-Out is quite average and waaaaay overhyped).

Katrina said...

Nicole, did you just diss In-N-Out on my blog? Them's fightin' words.

Nicole said...

Oooooops...I guess I did. Sorry. But please let's not fight because I think you could kick my flabby butt all over the place and into next week.

Cassavaugh Family said...

I think it makes complete sense. Although in a completely different realm it reminds me of this story. There was a train set that Dan loved to play with at the library. It was our friday night tradition during grad school to take a trip to the library for some books and playtime for Dan (eventually Sam was part of that picture too). There was the urge to get that train for him and yet we realized it wouldn't be nearly as fun and exciting if it were in the house any time of day. So we never bought it and the library was a novel place to go for a long time.