Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Vacation's End

I haven't been to work since December 21. It has been absolutely fabulous. I haven't checked my email, I haven't had to force myself out of bed (except for church—thank goodness my ward is moving to 11:00 next year), and I haven't missed a single thing about my job. Not one single thing. Here are a few statistics to show just how wonderful my break has been:
  • Number of hours I wore a skirt: 6 (darn you, church—it could have been zero!)
  • Latest I went to bed: 4:30 a.m.
  • Latest I got out of bed: 11:00
  • Number of mornings I stayed in bed and watched the snow fall: 5
  • Number of bags of white chocolate peppermint M&Ms I ate: 2 1/2
  • Number of times I had pretzel breadsticks at Applebee's for lunch: 3
  • Number of books I read: 3
  • Number of movies I watched: 7 (not all at the theater, but Les Mis is fantastic, just so you know)
Plus, I got a new hair color, got a pedicure, did a bunch of Zumba, went snowshoeing, and spent a lot of time with family and friends. I'm pretty sure my batteries are recharged enough that I can go back to my regular life and not dread getting up in the morning, at least for a few weeks, and that's the most important thing of all.

2 comments:

Cassavaugh Family said...

WHOA Nellie! So what...you said white chocolate peppermint M&Ms!!!!!!! Where have I been. I have never heard of this and it sounds absolutely divine! Hmmm I'm going to have to see if anyone has these hanging around in clearance bins somewhere where I don't normally shop since I have never seen them!

I love your list and only have a few comments. 1) You could have worn pants to church but then you would have been labeled a feminist. Not that there is anything wrong with that but I really don't care if someone wears pants or not. I'm just glad to see them there. :) The pretzel bread sticks sound awfully good too. Hmm I must live under a rock! I might be even with you on movies. Although didn't get to go to one in the theater we did watch all 3 Lord of the Rings movies. OK OK so I slept through a good portion of them. Don't hate me but not a huge fan. But it was growing on me by the 2nd half of the 2nd movie. Can't wait to see Le Mis but must wait a bit.

I'm jealous of the 3 books. I am actually reading our book group book for this month. I need to get off the computer so I can get some reading time in before I crash. Loving the book, fascinating and a little disturbing. You might like it. Its non-fiction The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.

Good luck going back to work! Kids have to go back to school tomorrow and I'm really not looking forward to the routine again. I enjoyed the less scheduled relaxing time!

And now to prove I'm "not a robot". :)

Polly by Golly said...

wow you really enjoyed your time at home. When you are my age things are so routine that if you change them You miss doing something you really need to do, of course you won't get old you are going to stay young forever :) :) love you now I will try not to be a robot mmm I will try again