
After enjoying our dinner, we did what anyone visiting Las Vegas does—we went to a movie! Jonathan wanted to see if he could see himself in High School Musical 3, and so did the rest of us, so off to the movie we went. I'm glad to say you can actually see the kid—and you can even tell it's him! If you go, watch for him in the orchestra pit during the musical. He's there a few times; once he's even doing a little head-banging. He's also in the graduation scene and another scene where he's just walking across the street—not that you'd see him unless he's there poking you in the side every time his leg pops up on the screen.
Joseph had never been to Vegas before (what a deprived child), so he had to see Fremont Street, the Strip, and the Bellagio fountains. His verdict on the city: "It's nice, in a dirty sort of way." Nicely put. I'm looking forward to when Jonathan goes to grad school in New York. Now there's a city I love. Too bad it's a little far away for a road trip.
2 comments:
Sounds fun and you answered some questions. It will be awhile before I see the movie so I have been wondering if he showed up in it. Cool, you are famous now Jonathan!. grin
So speaking of deprived childhood... this is a topic I love to discuss. So what are double double fries? Never been to In & Out burger, what makes them great? You are making me hungry! AND what is special about Fremont Street? OK must admit I had to look it up online - honestly didn't know that there is a second major street besides the Strip. Last time I was in Vegas (not counting the plane switch earlier this year) the Bellagio hadn't been built. In fact the Dunes hotel was still standing where I believe the Bellagio was built. The fountains sound so cool! I love the picture!
Did you catch the shrimp cocktails and hot dogs? That's Garry's favorite thing about Freemont Street. That is cool to be able to do something like that!
Post a Comment