"Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud, at high volume." —Bono
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Deep Thoughts from My Nephew
I had an interesting conversation with my two oldest nephews the other night. Their mom is pregnant, so I guess they have babies on the mind. Max asked me why I wasn't pregnant. I explained that I had to get married first, and then I could get pregnant. Then of course he asked why I wasn't married even though I was a grown-up. Luckily Carter stepped in and told him it was because "she just hasn't found the right person yet." Then he turned to me and said, "Heavenly Father will help you find the right person." That was great. It's nice to know Carter still has faith in my prospects. But then he added, "But what if you already found the right person, and you didn't recognize each other? You might never find him again." Great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My 9-year-old niece has been asking me for years why I'm not married. It started when I was babysitting her and her siblings several years ago and I cut up an apple for them. Her eyes got big as she watched me do this and she told me "that's just how my mom cuts them! Why aren't you a mom?"
Now her younger brother has started asking me why I don't have kids.
Pesky tikes. Too bad they're not as insightful as your nephew.
Are you kidding me? How did you not let me in on this conversation? They are too funny! I think maybe they just want a cousin or two!!
I seriously am still giggling about this one.
Just so you know, I don't take responsibility for anything my children do or do not say when I am not around!
Post a Comment