This is the scene I woke up to this morning. Even though I don't run right outside to tromp through the snowdrifts or build a snowman like I did when I was a kid, the first snowfall of the season is still one of the best days of the year. I love waking up in the morning and finding the world all covered in white—it's calm and peaceful and a little bit magical. It means that skiing and sledding and snowshoeing aren't far away. It means that I get to turn on my fireplace and snuggle up with a blanket, a good book, and a cup of hot chocolate. And it means that the best time of the year, Thanksgiving and Christmas, is just around the corner. Let it snow! (By the way, I did tromp through enough snow to rescue my poor little tree from dying under the weight of all that snow after I took the picture.)
"Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud, at high volume." —Bono
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Winter Wonderland
This is the scene I woke up to this morning. Even though I don't run right outside to tromp through the snowdrifts or build a snowman like I did when I was a kid, the first snowfall of the season is still one of the best days of the year. I love waking up in the morning and finding the world all covered in white—it's calm and peaceful and a little bit magical. It means that skiing and sledding and snowshoeing aren't far away. It means that I get to turn on my fireplace and snuggle up with a blanket, a good book, and a cup of hot chocolate. And it means that the best time of the year, Thanksgiving and Christmas, is just around the corner. Let it snow! (By the way, I did tromp through enough snow to rescue my poor little tree from dying under the weight of all that snow after I took the picture.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks beautiful... However, I think I am even happier here in Cali with my toes in the sand, instead of the snow! 79 degrees today with an ocean breeze! Hee Hee Hee! -sorry I couldn't help myself!
You are welcome to enjoy and keep the snow there! It was a little warm for October today and yesterday. It was almost 80. I still need time to enjoy my lovely fall here! I think we are getting something from there as rain is in the forcast and our temps will go back to normal fall weather. :) Love the picture though.
Post a Comment