I love cereal. You can have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, midnight snack, midday munchies, and just plain any time you want it. And there's a cereal for almost any mood. Want to be happy? Try Reese's Puffs (my personal favorite) or Fruity Pebbles. Want to feel like a kid again? Lucky Charms will do it every time. And no, Marshmallow Mateys are not the same. Want to pretend you're a grown-up? Well, then you have to go for the yucky stuff, like shredded wheat. I compromise with my breakfast cereal on workdays. Most of the time, I go for the Frosted Mini Wheats. Then I can have the healthy stuff and the tasty stuff all at once. Of course, I take it to work with me in a little plastic bag because I'm never up early enough to eat anything before I leave, so that probably negates any grown-up factor, but I don't care. Hey, if it works for nursery kids, it works for me. If you get tired of plain old cereal, first of all, you probably don't have enough variety on your cereal shelf, but second of all, you can make tasty snacks, like Muddy Buddies or Rice Krispies treats. Mmm. Now I've made myself hungry. Time for a late night snack!"Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud, at high volume." —Bono
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Breakfast (and Every Other Meal) of Champions
I love cereal. You can have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, midnight snack, midday munchies, and just plain any time you want it. And there's a cereal for almost any mood. Want to be happy? Try Reese's Puffs (my personal favorite) or Fruity Pebbles. Want to feel like a kid again? Lucky Charms will do it every time. And no, Marshmallow Mateys are not the same. Want to pretend you're a grown-up? Well, then you have to go for the yucky stuff, like shredded wheat. I compromise with my breakfast cereal on workdays. Most of the time, I go for the Frosted Mini Wheats. Then I can have the healthy stuff and the tasty stuff all at once. Of course, I take it to work with me in a little plastic bag because I'm never up early enough to eat anything before I leave, so that probably negates any grown-up factor, but I don't care. Hey, if it works for nursery kids, it works for me. If you get tired of plain old cereal, first of all, you probably don't have enough variety on your cereal shelf, but second of all, you can make tasty snacks, like Muddy Buddies or Rice Krispies treats. Mmm. Now I've made myself hungry. Time for a late night snack!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You know Marshmallow Mateys or whatever generic brand has never passed the kid test around here. Even before they can read they KNOW it is not the real thing. But I agree and have never thought about it that I always feel like a kid when I give into a bowl of Lucky Charms! You are making me want a bowl of Capn Crunch. They had HUGE size boxes on sale for $2! That is when I buy cereal. Nick's fav is peanut butter capn crunch and it wasn't on sale. Good thing it doesn't last very long at all around here! Not only is cereal an any meal food but it turns into an any snack food too. :)
Post a Comment